Minecraft Island

The offical forum for the Minecraft Island server!

Obstical Course?

Leprand
    Lumberjack

Obstical Course?

Post  Leprand on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:12 pm

I've been thinking of doing a challenge of sorts. Previous games of Tomb Raider have given me the idea of doing an obstical course on the server. It won't be the usual jumping over blocks and doing other boring stuff. I have had some ideas (not all are mine btw) and they've worked out well so far in the demo I'm constructing in single player. It will be completely voluntary whether or not a player wants to do it but I will be adding a chest filled with treasure and other awesome stuff(cake included!) I'm open to suggestions on different stages/challenges for the course!
    MarcellusCrow
    Admin

Re: Obstical Course?

Post  MarcellusCrow on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:14 pm

You should definitely use arrows in dispensers... But they will run out...

MarcellusCrow
    Admin

Post  MarcellusCrow on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:21 pm

A pathway through lava, with pressure plates linked to arrow dispensers
    Leprand
    Lumberjack

Post  Leprand on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:31 pm

The arrows will run out pretty quickly and I doubt som1 will be refilling them all the time :/. I have been thinking about "Fence Jumping" basically there will be some randomly placed fences across a pit of lava and the player has to jump across them to reach the other side.

Tony479
    Admin

I like the Idea BUT

Post  Tony479 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:45 am

I think the obstackle course is a good idea but I have a few questions like what does it consist of like chalanges and whats the objective of it all
    Leprand
    Lumberjack

Post  Leprand on Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:32 pm

Tony479 wrote:I think the obstackle course is a good idea but I have a few questions like what does it consist of like chalanges and whats the objective of it all
    Well, here's a few reasons..:
    1; It'll be a fun and interesting challenge for people who come onto the server.

2; There will be a chest with valuable and very useful items inside including diamonds(won't be revealing amount!), iron, cake etc. at the end

and 3; It WILL be awesome, and it's 100% unique!

A; Basically to get to the end and not dying of course!
    B; The first challenge will consist of a bedrock staircase climbing up to a floating pyramid(NOT MY IDEA) in the sky. inside the pyramid is a room with a lava floor with iron blocks placed at random intervals for the player to jump across to get to the other side.
    C; Next, there will be a series of suspended fences with lava on the ground for the player to also jump across to get to the next challenge.
    D; You know that sport where people climb in boats and go down rapids? That's the 3rd challenge! the water MAY be lava instead but I will have to experiment whether or not it will work!
    I'm not going to reveal any more so you will have to wait until it is finished and constructed on the server.
    NOTE; the server may be down for maintenance since it will have to be constructed with a type of editor or it will take at least a week to do it manually. I hope this comment helped!

Tony479
    Admin

Post  Tony479 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:15 pm

you should definately do this leprand and i will gladly help Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:22 pm